This is custom heading element
FOUNDATION PROGRAMME COURSES (SJT, CSA)
Welcome to our page dedicated to the Foundation Programme (UKFPO). In order to gain a place as a Foundation Year 1 doctor in the UK you will have to sit the Situational Judgement Test (SJT) and if you graduated 2 years before the start date of your FY1 programme you will have to sit the Clinical Assessment Exam (CSA) OSCE.
We have tailor made courses to help students excel in the SJT to maximise your UKFP application scores and to overcome the Clinical Skills Assessment exam.
Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA)
Format of the exam: OSCE made up of 16 ‘stations’
OSCEs are made up of a circuit of ‘stations’, each station being a self- contained area (a room) in which a candidate is asked to perform a given clinical task. The tasks are largely independent on one another and the knowledge and skills utilised in one are neither required nor utilised in subsequent stations.
New format for 2021 based on updates from UKFPO – 5 day course
– Focused history taking, history taking in difficult circumstances
– challenging communication
– Team work
– Ethical and legal issues
– surgical and peri-operative care
– discharge planning
– health promotion and patient education
Next year we will conduct the remaining 2 days for the practical portion of the OSCE exam.
Day 3 and 4:
– recognition and management of acute illness
– examination of patients with chronic disease
– practical procedures
CSA Exam dates 2021
To be confirmed
Any student wishing to take a personalised mock examination for the online Clinical Skills Assessment can send an email and we will provide a date for a mock – this will cost £75 and is not included in the total for the course.
Situational Judgement Test (SJT)
The Foundation Programme Situational Judgement Test (SJT) ‘tests aptitude for employment and the professional attributes expected of a Foundation doctor’ (UKFPO).
- 75 questions in 2 hours 20 minutes.
- It contains 3 question formats: rank five possible responses in order and select the three most appropriate responses and ‘rating’ questions.
- A maximum of 50 points is available (this will contribute to your total score for FP application) – the higher you score the more chance you have or ranking your first choice preferences
Our SJT Course:
This will be a 2 day intense online preparatory course. The content will be based on the requirements as set by the UKFPO.
Day 1: Practice ‘Rank 5 possible responses’ questions (9am-530pm)
Day 2: Practice ‘3 most appropriate responses’ questions (9am – 530pm) and ‘rating’ questions
SJT COURSE DATES FOR FP 2020:
- December 2nd and 3rd 2020
- December 19th and 20th 2020
In order to enrol into the online course then you can select the ‘Pay now’ button and scroll down choosing the SJT online course option.